Talk To Me, Don’t Shout At Me
Joanne Jacobs from 1000heads gave a hard-hitting and intense presentation at DigitalBusiness on the 26th April. She spoke about the irrelevance of passive consumption and creating brand advocates organically. Stand-out points included:
- The consumer is dead, and buying is no longer the basis of a relationship.
- Customer Relationship Management should not exist.
- You can’t control a consumer conversation. Anyone who works in marketing and believes this should be sacked.
- Finding the context in which you can find a conversation is the key and the challenge.
- You don’t own the evolving story. Conversations can create advocacy, but only if you allow them to occur naturally.
- Interest in brand is drawn from experience.
- Don’t use influencers as celebrities. They are facilitators of organisational learning, can give advice and share information around a community.
- You don’t make money through social media, you save money through social media.
- Mobile media adds a more level playing field. Bloggers have too much of a dominant voice.
- Message personalisation critical for maximum participation. Think about what purpose you are planning on meeting.
Follow Joanne on Twitter @joannejacobs